Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Craft

What is this?
If you guessed a bowl full of peppermint and wintergreen candy you would be
WRONG!!
It is cutest Christmas Tree garland that you ever saw...... and it took 20 minutes to make.  I can't take credit for the idea; it came from one of my favorite blogs, Sew 
Many Ways. She used all peppermint, but I like mine because there is no printing on the cellophane. (Starlight Holiday Mints purchased at Stop & Shop.) She suggests using a low temp glue gun on the twisted ends and then press them together. Donna and I bought one at Michael's for $2.99. Much better than burning my fingers and I think a regular glue gun might melt the cellophane. This would be a fun craft to do with a child, but one older than three or four. 
Hope you enjoyed this, and that you will make one for your tree!

                                                                                                                

1 comment: