Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas is Coming!

 I went into the grocery store today and realized that every person I came across was stressed and unsmiling. I am usually pretty stressed by Christmas as well, which is the reason Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Anyway, I decided today that I will enjoy the parts of  the holiday that are important to me. Sewing, baking and crafting with Adelaide and Vivienne.  If the house is not decorated perfectly, who cares. Monday the girls and I are making Nutcracker themed cupcakes and a tree garland made from card stock circles and red and white baking string.

Our beautiful Christmas tree is up, but not decorated as yet. I will do that tomorrow along with the annual baking of Swedish Cardamon Bread. We went to Seasons Four today for little Samuel to get his picture with Santa. NO LINE!! And a great Santa with real long white hair and beard, and a very generous girth! Sam again this year challenged me to purchase the first tree we chose. I think this is the third or fourth year we have done this, and again the tree is just perfect. We have a lot of laughs doing this. It takes approximately two minutes for me to hone in on a tree. I do not profess to have great "tree choosing" ability......I just think all the trees are perfect!


Here is Miss Adelaide's Christmas dress. Most of you have seen it. Just wanted to tell you a few details. It is a combination of two patterns, Lee and Anne. It is basically a Lee, but I used the yoke from Anne as that pattern has a deeper yoke, and I did not want any more rows of smocking, and needed the bottom of the smocking to match up with the bottom of the back yoke. I also used the long sleeve from Anne, but made it less full and made a narrow bias rather than a cuff. I really love this little  "candy cane" dress, but I cannot believe she is old enough to fit into this big girl dress!
Christmas 2008....How time flies!

1 comment:

  1. The dress is beautiful, and your smocking perfect! I adore the special touches you added with the bias bindings and red Swiss trim.

    ReplyDelete