Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Easter Bunny is Coming!

Really, I DO know it is February. But to complete your Easter finery in a comfortable time frame, this is the time to start.  I am making two little bubbles. One is for Baby Samuel and one is for the son of one of Chelsea's friends. I decided to make them the same since the boys are both the same size and I find when doing picture smocking, once you get on a roll, it goes pretty quickly. I am using Yvonne Denise's pattern. I really like the more tailored look of the pleats in front.
 This is the smocking plate and here are my lambies.

Here are the inserts piped and sewn into the pleated fronts.

     I will show you the finished products soon. We had such a nice visit yesterday with Baby Samuel, and of course Meredith and Scott. Samuel has become a very smiley little guy; until you put a camera in front of you face! Very hard to catch one of those smiles. Here he is sitting up to the table while we had lunch.

And here is snuggle time with Bampy.



And just being his cute little self, with a hint of a smile. I will see some of you later this week. Happy smocking, knitting, spinning and weaving! Now it is time to "knitwatch" the Superbowl. Go Pats!!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute smocking plate. Nice job, s usual. I will not make the meeting this month. I am working days tomorrow. I hope you have a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynda, We will miss you tomorrow. I finished the two little bubbles. I really like them but I find them much more difficult than a dress.

    ReplyDelete