Thursday, February 9, 2012

Completed!

           Here are the little boy bubbles completed.


Samuel Robert is four months old today! What an angel.

So listen gals....This blog is not turning out exactly as I had anticipated. I never intended it to be a venue for me to showcase my work. I had hoped it would be a place that we could all share, ask questions, share and learn. If you have a question, you can be sure that somebody else has the same question. If you have not joined the blog, it is not difficult. You need a Google account. There is a button above the list of members about joining the blog. If the instructions there confuse you,  just Google how to get a Google account and join in! I am going to start the ball rolling by asking a question which may be helpful to our more novice members.  What is your favorite Bishop pattern? Please do not e-mail me your answer, post your comment on the blog so that everyone can read and benefit.

5 comments:

  1. I love the bubble! I had that smocking plate pulled to smock a couple of years ago, but my eyes and health problems prevented me from every doing it. I am so excited to see your sweet version!
    My favorite bishop pattern is Beginnings from AS&E #73 (I think). I have used it for several baby gifts, and it just seems to have the right amount of fullness. I also love the fact that it buttons all the way down the back. It is much faster than a placket, and I adore sweet little MOP buttons down the back of a bishop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, Thanks for your helpful comment. I am going to find that pattern in the morning. I most often fall back on The Children's Corner, because it is not as full as many other bishop patterns. I love a bishop as a little everyday dress, so the more conservative CC pattern is perfect. However I almost always alter it to button down the back....love that look and it is perfect for showcasing those beautiful buttons that we have all been hoarding in our stash! For a baby, I love Florence Robson's Little Sunday Dresses because it has that sweet pleat under the arm.
    Again, thanks for sharing Jan......now how about the rest of you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Lynn, I finally figured out how to join your blog! My favorite Bishop pattern is one I devised years ago based on a Grace Knott pattern. I loved the "Smockery" Bishops that were made in Charleston, SC with COLLARS, so a friend and I devised tour own pattern (probably over 30 years ago). It works for sizes 2T-4T. I especially like wide fabric as I can get a dress out of a yard! My other favorite has been the Children's Corner Bishop pattern, particularly for sizes smaller than 2. I use my assorted smaller collar patterns with it.

    PS I, too, loved the bubble and am in the process of making a dress using that pattern but using the lambs from Little Memories color plate "Litle Bear Peep." You give me inspiration! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if I can inspire anyone to pick up a needle, I am thrilled. Of course I don't think you need much outside inspiration...you are very productive! Thanks for your input, Marcia. We all have so much to offer each other, and this is a great forum for doing so. It will be especially helpful to our newer members who are so eager to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sheepy bubbles. The babies are going to look adorable. You always inspire me! I am amazed by everything you accomplish. I am planning a smocking project for the future and I'm sure to be asking many questions.

    BTW: Your grandson is the sweetest looking baby I have seen in a long time. His face belongs on a baby food jar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete