Monday, October 3, 2011

Mary De AGAIN!!

     I have made literally dozens of Mary De jumpers, a Children's Corner pattern. It is a jumper/sundress and blouse pattern that is well suited to the extreme temperatures of New England. Some of you may remember that I made one for Adelaide last Thanksgiving. It was a sweet floral print in a brushed twill. Miss Adelaide loved it because it was so full and the fabric so soft. There has been a daily battle with Mama and Papa because the "Princess Dress" is the only thing she wants to wear. Here she is at The Museum of Fine Arts last January. (Yes that is Vivi in the background in a smocked corduroy jumper.)                                            

   I recently brought the dress home to launder (sidewalk chalk mixed with water all over the smocking). After a few repairs, (lots of going down slides, bike riding etc.) I decided the girl really deserves a new Mary De. It is all smocked, but I need to interrupt the construction to help a friend with a project. More on Mary De in a later post, including some tips on constructing this sweet jumper.
  

               And yes Vivi loved her Monkey dress! Getting a dress on this child is usually a battle which includes tears, pouting, wriggling out of arm's reach, and then pulling on the dress until she gets distracted by something. THIS dress she loved. I also made her a Curious George quilt.....A HUGE hit!
    

   So it is FALL! I don't know about you but I am crazy about Autumn. We are fortunate to live in New England; there is no place more beautiful at this time of year. Besides the urge to bake apple pie, make hearty soups, and get cozy in front of the fire, this is the time to get serious about our needle arts. Vacations are over, kids are back in school, the days are shorter, and there is no more yard work to do!
So, come on, get going! Let me know what you are working on! I will post again when I can get back to Mary De. Also working on a beautiful sweater, and a pumpkin hat for my new grand baby, who is very reluctant to make an appearance! And for Heaven's sake, pick some apples!!!


1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so cute! and Vivi looks adorable in her birthday dress. I don't know where you find the energy for all you do.

    ReplyDelete